The Intecrowd team attended Workday Altitude, in Nashville. At Altitude, Intecrowd was recognized for two of the seven awards presented to Workday partners: the Partner Collaboration Award (for MITRE), and a Product Lead of the Year Award (for U.S. Payroll).
Char Hillmann Wins Product Lead of the Year at Workday Altitude
At Workday Altitude 2022, Char Hillmann, U.S. Payroll Product Lead, was awarded “the” Product Lead of the Year Award. Char has been with Intecrowd for 4 years and has 25+ years of Payroll process and technology technical knowledge. Char is certified in PATT, HCM, Benefits, Core, and Advanced Compensation, which allows her to understand the touchpoints to Payroll and better serve her implementation and AMS customers.
This is the second year in a row Intecrowd has been awarded Product Lead of the Year Award. Last year, Liz Adams won this Award for Reporting.
New Features and Enhancements in Workday 2022 Release 2 (2022R2)
Workday’s fall release will come out the weekend of September 10-11, 2022. A few exciting changes are in the works with this round of planned updates – including a brand-new look for their homepage!
Some of the more significant updates you will notice include:
- The apps are moving! Rather than taking up the bulk of the space on the homepage, you’ll now find all the apps (sometimes called “worklets”) you regularly use in the new “Global Navigation Menu.”
- The new “Global Navigation Menu” allows you to quickly find all your Workday apps from anywhere in Workday: The new menu operates similarly to most modern websites and allows you to access your Workday apps from anywhere in Workday (rather than having to return to the Workday homepage). You can also personalize your menu by adding and reordering apps to your preference.
- A new “Shortcuts” tab allows you to quickly access your favorite and most used tasks and reports in your Global Navigation Menu, providing even further personalization.
- A new “Timely Suggestions” section of the homepage will provide you with time-sensitive notices such as when you have a new payslip or a reminder to review your personal contact information.
In addition to the new look for the homepage and navigation updates, you’ll also notice:
- References to “Time Off” will now be renamed “Absence” on the employee’s Profile Page to better align with absence terminology across apps/worklets (e.g., the “Absence” app), tasks and reports and provide consistency across the Workday platform.
And department administrators who use Workday on a regular basis might be interested in a few other improvements, including:
- Enhanced “Workday Search” functionality: The newly redesigned search results page now allows you to save and personalize your most commonly used search categories (such as “People” and “Tasks and Reports”) to help filter search results and more quickly find what you’re looking for. Additionally, you can now find “Search Tips” – such as how to use prefixes – with helpful suggestions for narrowing down search results and locating the most relevant information.
- New “Table View” for Workday reports and tables: Continuing to improve the accessibility and usability of Workday reports and tables, especially for those who use assistive technologies, Workday will now automatically default to the “Table View” option (originally introduced in the March 2021 release), which spreads report and table results over several easier-to-navigate pages rather than on one result-heavy (scroll-intensive) screen; users will also be able to expand or collapse rows to better control how information is displayed in reports and tables, as well as highlight a row for easier review of data. You can always select “All” in the “Items per page” field at the bottom of a report or table to view all the data on one screen.
Intecrowd Sponsors Workday DevCon, June 21-22
Intecrowd attended Workday DevCon, where we were a VIP sponsor for the event and had two teams participate in the Workday Hackathon, a marathon 24-hour event where teams compete to build Workday solutions. Not only did both of our teams finish in the top 8, but we also presented on three separate topics around Workday Extend and other new technologies. In the Hackathon, our teams developed a solution for adding a candidate from LinkedIn to Workday Recruiting with a single button click.
Click here to read Industry Analyst Josh Bersin review of DevCon.