Intecrowd’s Rapid Response Deployment Package for Workday
to address the
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
How IntecrowdCan Help
In response to the recent passage of the Family First Coronavirus Response Act and the new requirements related to Emergency Paid Sick Leave and Emergency Family and Medical Leave, Intecrowd has developed an approach to enable your Workday solution to comply with this emergency legislation. Our solution includes setup and configuration to address eligibility, tracking, and pay.
Intecrowd has developed a recommended approach to address the new requirements in Workday. We can assist our clients in the assessment and set-up of the required configuration to track and pay these two types of leaves/time offs. Our solution includes options based on using Workday Time, Absence and Payroll or external integrated applications.
Our solution includes:
Rapid Assessment of your deployment
Solution setup for Emergency Paid Sick Leave and Emergency FMLA
On March 18, 2020, H.R. 6201, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), was signed into law. This only applies for companies of less than 500 employees who are located and working in the United States and is effective April 2, 2020 through December 31, 2020. It supports two types of leave:
Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act
The Act provides:
- Up to two weeks of paid sick leave (including part-time employees) where the employee cannot work due to COVID-19, paid at either 100% or 67%, depending on the reason for leave
- Reimbursement for time paid as a credit against employer Social Security liabilities. It is key to track and audit these amounts.
- Employees are eligible after 30 days of employment.
Emergency Family Medical Leave Act
The Act provides:
- 12 weeks of Job protection and 10 weeks of paid leave at 67% if an employee cannot work due to having to stay home to take care of child due to school closings or childcare is unavailable due to COVID-19.
- Reimbursement for time paid as a credit against employer Social Security liabilities. As with paid sick leave, it is key to track and audit the Emergency FMLA amounts.
- Employee is eligible after 30 days of employment